Saturday 8 September 2012

Can you ever have too much of a good thing? modelling update

Hi all,

MODELLING UP DATE!!!

Don't usually do these (prefer pics of painted minis myself), but I thought I might show off my latest tinkering with the craft knife, green stuff and glue.

So my little confession is that I absolutely love the Island of Blood Griffon. I've used it to be my eagles for my High Elf army, as a "counts as" Captasus with a simple head swap and lowering of the lance, and I'm frantically trying to find a way to include it in the Woodies (other than as an eagle as I use the proper metal Eagle).

I now own 7 versions of the model. Captasus, 4 riderless as eagles, 1 as presented as noble on eagle, and I've just finished modelling a 2nd noble on Eagle who looks like this:






Changes are swapping the head for the Phoenix Guard unit champ head, and replacing the lance with the sword arm from the dragon kit.

Once the Empire knights are finished (3 more to do) I will have time to paint this guy up and the 4th riderless Eagle. This will give me the option of fielding a proper flying circus list of awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment